Friday, November 30, 2012

Minor Personal Update (I'm an Over Achiever)


Okay, I admit it, in middle and high school I was one of the nerdy kids who was always on the honor roll.  If there was an academic award, chances are I earned it.  I wasn't exactly Valedictorian (the person who was wound up going to Carnegie Melon so I had some serious competition), but I was still the sort of person other kids loved to hate because teachers loved me and I could ace a test without really trying.

I tell you all this because right now I'm going back through some of the older content and earning some achievements.  This morning, for example, I got my Classic Raider achievement, and once I run the Occulus I'll have my Champion of the Frozen Wastes title.  I'm only missing three dungeons for the Burning Crusade dungeon achievement, and along the way I've knocked a few other little achievements too.  And while all of this has been fairly easy at level 90 with 477 ilevel gear along with full gems and enchants, I've also been feeling rather accomplished and realizing just how much I love my warlock.  She's a power house and I constantly surprise and impress myself with how much I've improved since I took my first tentative steps into raiding only a little over one year ago.

I am not, as of yet, raiding regularly.  I force myself to do Raid Finder on occasion (when I feel I can handle the trolls), and I've got my shaman up to level 90 and am trying to get her geared enough to heal Mogu'shan Vaults, but that's slow going.  I plan to start seriously looking for a regular pug or some other group for my warlock and will save my shaman for my guild as they need healers and, thanks to Vuh'Do, I'm not too shabby at shaman heals.  My main goal for this expansion is to actually get into some heroic raiding on my warlock, but finding a group that's a good fit is going to be tough, especially for someone who's "just" DPS.  My hope is that I can make a great impression and that people will want to keep me around in spite of my bad jokes over Vent/Mumble.

Until then, however, I'm going to content myself with going back and getting ALL THE ACHIEVEMENTS, and if anyone out there wants to start working on some dungeon/raiding achievements from previous expansions (or even the current expansion!), poke me via Twitter @CasualFolami.  (Horde side only for now, but my paladin is almost level 90 and while I don't feel comfortable doing current dungeon/raid content on her, I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to do old school stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment