Monday, September 10, 2012

When Bears (Druids) Fly

Alternate title for this post: "Unidentified Flying Bear Butts"

Saturday, my copy of Tides of War arrived, and as I just faction changed my worgen hunter into a troll hunter, I thought I'd take the opportunity to celebrate by killing two birds with one stone.  I sat my blue-skinned troll butt down in Hyjal and camped Magria while I read the opening chapters of the newest World of Warcraft book.

Nearly three hours later, there'd been no spirit cat or, alas, a spirit owl, but as I took a break from reading, I panned my camera around and spotted something strange.

"No, that isn't...it can't be."  I hopped on my mount and flew over toward the Sanctuary of Malorne, and sure enough...

ME: (in guild chat) "There's a bear flying around Hyjal."
GUILDIE: "You're drunk."
ME: "No, I'm serious!  I'm flying around following a bear that's flying through the air."
GUILDIE: "I still say you're drunk."
ME: "Look, I may be sitting out here naked, and I understand that may look bad concerning my sanity and/or sobriety, but there is a bear flying around the Sanctuary of Malorne.  And now his friends have joined him."
GUILDIE: "Riiiiight.  Whatever you say."

I can only imagine this was followed by a whisper to an officer along the lines of, "Say what are the rules regarding members who have hallucinations?"  But look, I have photographic evidence:

Click to enlarge.
That's an NPC whose name I didn't think to write down, and after "swimming" in the air for a bit, he was joined by some friends.


So after that amusing incident, I looked at the clock and realized I'd been camping Magria for about three to three and-a-half hours, and I was getting tired of reading.  I told myself ten more minutes and then I was going to go kill Kael'thas for fun and a possible mount.  Not two minutes later, I nearly jumped out of my seat when my trusty _NPCScan went off.

I was so excited, I didn't even re-equip my armor before taking pictures. 
"When dey said, 'When bears fly,' I didn' tink it was literal."

No comments:

Post a Comment