Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Little Update

Change is still coming, but as February is always a rough month for me, I've been slow about getting there.

I have a life! Somewhere.
After taking a weekend off from the game to binge on a bit of Dragon Age: Origins/Awakenings and Dragon Age II, I went back into the game with renewed energy.  First up, I finished out the first part of Wraithion's legendary questing and am now in the process of collecting 6,000 valor points.  As I doubt I will hit the valor cap each week, it will probably take me a little more than the minimum six weeks to accomplish this part of the quest.  However, this is still progress where there was nothing before.

Other accomplishments include getting my hunter to level 90, which also netted me the Quintessential Quintet achievement and made me question the sanity of trying to keep up with this many alts in Mists of Pandaria, an expansion that is not very alt-friendly.

The day after hitting 90, I spent a bit of time on him tracking down a couple of rare tames that had caught my eye: Hexapos and Portent.  Portent I was thinking would take some time to get the color I wanted (purple), but lo and behold, I lucked out the first time I found him, and only within 10 minutes of telling guildies I was hunting him down.  (I can feel the envy from some of you all the way over here.  To quote the Sha of Anger: "Yes, feed me your rage!"  If it comforts you, know that on my main, I don't have near this much luck.)
Named Bruiser because he's purple, like a bruise.
I named him Flappy.












After the excitement of a taking a newly minted 90 through heroics in mostly greens, I switched back to my main to join some guild members in my first ever challenge mode dungeon.  We managed to get bronze on Scarlet Monastery, and then went on to do...not so well on Scarlet Halls.  However, for being new to this whole challenge mode thing, we did really well and we learned quite a lot about what we'll need to do for next time.

Speaking of my guild, we're still looking for a DPS to round out our raid team.  If you're interested and are Horde-side on Wyrmrest Accord/are willing to transfer to a new home if things work out, check out the website to review the application process.  I'll go ahead and vouch for the guild leaders/raid leaders and say the whole guild is filled with some pretty impressive folks  Also, our Mumble conversations never fail to leave me in stitches, which can be a good or bad thing when we're raiding our running heroics/challenge modes.

Here in a bit, I'm going to start work on a post all about 5.2, which drops today.  As my main is a Warlock, you know I'm going to have quite a bit to talk about after I try things out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment